Monday, 4 May 2009

Chin Swee Temples Genting, Malaysia

I know I said I wouldn't show anymore pics from Malaysia but these are just to delightful to keep to myself. Glancing at the itinerary pinned to my nieces wall it said, 'Today we are off to the Chin Swee Cave Temples!' Oooooo exciting I thought to myself, what does my dear special niece No 1 have in store for us today. And not to be disappointed she took us here!

Our first view was of this wonderful nine story decorative pagoda. Just to explain in brief the Chin Swee Cave Temples are in a wonderful scenic area in the Genting Highlands. Its a place of wonderland myths and legends with a fabulous temple hidden in the cave side.


A little close up detail of the pagoda. I couldn't stop looking at it because each time I saw more beauty, colour and something different. It had a fabulous spiral staircase(as you would imagine) inside too.

Such gorgeous colour and decoration on all sides and on every level. My camera couldn't click quick enough.

And just take a look at these fabulous lanterns leading down to the actual temple. where everyone what ever their religion (or not) was welcome to have a prayer. A peaceful, relaxing environment removed from the hustle bustle of the rest of the world.

Beneath this very bright ornate decorated roof was the actual temple.

And the decoration wasn't just on the outside. I took many pictures of the inside of the temple but I wanted to show the highly decorative columns with such vibrant strong uplifting colours.

A close up of the ornate decorative roof corner.


I love this photo, its another small temple free to have a word with whoever you feel the need too. But just look at that natural beauty in the background. I hope you have enjoyed this little tour of my trip around the Chin Swee Cave Temples I certainly enjoyed my visit thanks to the excellent planning of my dear niece. Surrounded by Buddha's mostly joyful Buddha's wishing you luck, fortune, good health and peace was quite uplifting.

Hope the start of your week is going well.
Take Care.
Hugs
xxxxxx
'Oooooo', I forgot to say if you have an interest in weaving take a look at my textile blog here http://www.missbsfibrecreations.blogspot.com/.

8 comments:

Mary said...

oh those photos! What an amazing place to visit.

Julie said...

What a beautiful place and very inspiring. I shall have to spend some time catching up with your. textile blog. I'll look forward to seeing more of your weaving.

Thank you for your comment on my blog today. I really like the little painting. I'm sur it will cheer me up whenever I look at it

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What an amazing place! Such a beautiful location for a temple.

maggi said...

The photos are awesome. Thanks for sharing. Thanks also for your comments on my blog. Maggi

hippopip said...

Beautiful photos much enjoyed

ruthie said...

not suprising you want to share more photos, thes are a wonderful insight into a magical trip! i love all the detail & decorations, just beautiful. wow. thank you for the healing hugs, much appreciated x

lou said...

What amazing photos, it looks beautiful!
Fab photos, thanks for sharing! :0)
Love Lou xxx

MarmaladeRose said...

Fabby photos Lesley. Love the colours and swirls on that column.